A winch damper is an essential part of any recovery kit, especially when winching. Despite the strength of the cables (with wire and synthetic) in winches today, accidents still happen, and when a cable breaks, a winch damper is there to help. Due to the considerable energy generated in the cables when winching, should a break occur, the winch damper will absorb it, hence reducing the recoil and minimising the risk of hitting the user, or those immediately around. It is still strongly suggested that users and those in the immediate area still well clear during winching.
The Saber Offroad Winch Damper weighs in at 1kg and measures up at 500mm x 450mm when folded to provide the best protection should a winch cable snap. The bright red border and reflective tape on the damper offers strong visibility for those around. Heavy duty Velcro strips also allow the damper to stay fixed in place while in use. Internal pockets are include too, to allow for the addition of extra weight whilst using the damper.
- Black with Strong Red Border, partnered with with reflective tape for increased visibility
- Heavy Duty Velcro strips to reduce slipping
- Internal pockets to allow for the addition of extra weight
- Used to avoid damage or injury by reducing the recoil of a failed winch cable or strap
- Gross weight: 1kg
- Overall dimensions: 500 x 450mm (folded)