Carbon Winch 12000lb with Black/Grey Synthetic Rope CW-12KB
SKU code: CW-12KB
Carbon Winch 12k 12000lb Electric 4x4 Winch - Version 2 2021 Model Now Available IP68 waterproof
Carbon Winches was designed, engineered and tested prior to market release by an Australian Offroad Business - KPD Industries. A 4 year project began in 2012 to build a winch that would surpass all market options that were available at the time. The Carbon Winch brand was launched in June 2016 and since then has developed a solid reputation for reliability, toughness and has been tested in some of the harshest environments in Australia and overseas including the USA, Iceland and the Middle East.
Many other products on the market simply didn't prove worthy in the Australian Outback including some very popular world renowned brands, so we built our own. Having developed a strong following in the Australian market with proven results across thousands of customers and 5 years on the market, we conducted a full redesign of the winch over a 6 month period between January and June 2021, the outcome was the Ver.2 CW-12K,which was the culmination of 5 years of using, supplying and receiving feedback from our customers and Dealer network as we improved on many aspects of the original market proven winch design.
Winch Design Points
- Designed by an Australian offroad business for the harsh Aussie and international conditions
- Fully sealed to resist water, dirt and dust ingress into motor, drum and gearbox mechanisms. Ver.2 series was upgraded to IP68 ingress protection.
- 12000lb pulling power with a fast line pull ratio of 216:1 using a triple planetary gear set
- 6.2HP series wound 12 volt electric motor (24 volt option)
- The Battery Isolator Switch supplied with the kit must be installed. Would you have a non-isolated or fused battery cable running to the back of your vehicle for towing or other Auxiliary uses? No. The winch is the same, it's power feed must be isolated to protect you and your car in the event of a multitude of unforeseen circumstances that can occur, such as a frontal accident, an unfused 500 amp cable can catch fire extremely fast when shorted out against a body component.
- Wireless remote control unit with a lanyard- FULLY SEALED RECEIVER UNIT built into the control box. Simple to activate by holding both buttons down for 3 seconds to activate the remote control and turns off after 90 seconds of inactivity.
- The Rotating ring gear clutch design is used for easy low drag free spool. This is arguably the easiest winch to free spool on the market.
- Electroplated planetary gear sets for long life
- 3 layer membrane breather unit pre-fitted to the electric motor to allow condensation to evaporate and equalise pressure during heat cycles.
- Multi Fit Fairlead- there is no need to worry about which suits your bullbar! Simply install as standard fitment or move up to offset the rope outlet by 20mm.
- All other internals are fully zinc electroplated for corrosion protection.
- High performance motor brushes with copper impregnated contacts and corrosion plated brush mounts.
- Smooth ball bearing motor operation with a fully balanced motor armature for superior performance.
- Utilising a hoist style brake unit mounted to the drum end plate, this provides superior holding power by applying mechanical braking through the gear train with no heat generated in the drum. With no contact to the drum means there is no risk of heat damage to the synthetic rope.
- 4 position mounting for the control box bracket over the motor, over the drum, on top for flat mounting plates and in front of the winch for the top mounting control box when the winch is mounted vertically. Alternatively, 500mm cables allow remote mounting of the control box separately to the winch
Understanding the tech features of the winch will help you to decide if this winch is suitable for your requirements. From line speed to dimensions all specifications are important in helping you to understand what you are getting.
Carbon Winches 12K Winch is a 12000lb line pull winch and can meet the rugged demands of off-road and utility use in Australian conditions. It is designed to deliver the best value, reliability and service life for a winch user.
The main features include:
- 6.2 HP Series wound motor
- 216:1 ratio 3 stage planetary gearbox
- Automatic brake in the motor housing drum plate provided load holding through the geartrain not directly on the drum (No heat build up in the drum)
- Rotating ring gear free spool clutch assembly which minimises freespool drag and completely eliminates clutch engagement issues.
- Power in and power out via a plug in hand remote or a wireless remote controller. The remote controller has 90 second auto off and failsafe operation features built in. The receiver is fully sealed and impervious to water.
- 500amp sealed solenoid unit and wired handle remote control and wireless
- Remote control unit
- Part number: CW-12K
- Rated line pull: 12000 lbs, (5450 kg) single-line
- Motor: 12V DC 6.2HP series wound motor
- Remote Control: Remote Switch, 12ft (3.7m) lead.
- Wireless Remote Control: Included
- Geartrain: 3-Stage Planetary.
- Gear Ratio: 216:1
- Clutch (free spooling): Rotating Ring Gear clutch with manual pull and twist clutch handle
- Brake: Full load automatic brake installed in the motor housing end plate. No heat in the drum.
- Drum Diameter/Length: 64mm x 224mm
- Synthetic Rope:24m x 10mm diameter
- Fairlead: Multi-fit CNC billet alloy black anodised with laser etched logo
- Recommended Battery: 650 CCA minimum for winching
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 254mm x 114.3mm
- Winch Dimensions ( L x W x H ): 21.7'' x 6.3'' x 6.8'' (552 x 160 x 172mm )
- Packing Dimensions( L x W x H ): 24.2x 14.5' x 9.8' ( 615 x 370 x 250mm )
- Winch weight with synthetic rope attached: VERSION 2 - 19.0KG
Winch weight including synthetic rope, control box complete with cables, mounting bolts & fairlead: 23.45kg
What's included in the box -
We Also Recommend
More From This Category